Gusto TV is the best food channel in the world. We’re seen in over 170 countries across the globe in multiple languages and produce all our original content at our state-of-the-art studio in Ottawa, Ontario.
We need terrific talent to join our motivated, food-loving Gusto team and help us keep up with Gusto growth. If you’re an accounting and finance rockstar, we want you on our team!
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager is responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records including ledgers, cash flow projections, budgets, bank statements, reconciliations, and tax filings. In addition, the Accounting Manager assists in the supervision of a team of two accountants and external vendor relationships.
- Work directly with the Director of Finance to manage the bookkeeping function, improve financial systems and efficiencies and support the overall financial plans and accounting practices of the Company
- Maintain internal controls, ensuring appropriate business policies and procedures relating to accounting practices are in place across all departments
- Manage parent/subsidiary corporate structure(s) including preparation of books of account and year-end reporting and filings for individual subsidiary production companies, including “roll up” and internal cost allocation/cross charging
- Reconcile accounts in order to prepare and analyze precise, timely, and accurate financial reports that meet the needs of senior management and external stakeholders
- Oversee and maintain payroll and employee records
- Prepare, enter data and systematically maintain accounting records, supplier accounts, budgets, tax credits, cash flow, cost reports and purchase orders.
- Issue, code and authorize invoices, credit card statements, payments, and receipts
- Liaise with external auditors, CRA auditors, and accountants for a variety of tasks
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory and reporting requirements
- 5+ years of direct experience in a similar role, with a strong background in finance, accounting, and preparation of financial statements
- CPA designation, or nearing completion, is an asset
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple demands on your time and still meet deadlines
- Ability to manage and motivate a small team with enthusiasm
- Advanced proficiency with QuickBooks and Excel
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a natural ability to interact effectively with staff and external contacts
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, and proactive approach